Ads 720 x 90


How to get a knife out of a space heater

That’s right, how to get a knife out of a space heater.  Add this to the list of things I never thought I’d have to do until I became a parent.


Me: “Leah, where did the plastic knife go?”


Leah: “I don’t know Mommy, it’s gone!”


Pelonis space heater


Great.  Right into the vent holes of the space heater we keep in Kate’s nursery.  Geez!  How do you even discipline for that?


Me: “We don’t put things in there!  Promise me you’ll never drop another knife into the space heater again!”


Leah: “Okay Mommy!  I promise!”


I unplugged the heater and waited until nap time to take it apart.  Luckily, our Pelonis space heater has lots of screws on the bottom, so I just removed two of them: DSCN4756


The front seemed to be attached at the other end by something I couldn’t take apart, so it only pulled open a little bit: DSCN4757


Sure enough, there was the plastic knife: knife stuck in a Pelonis space heater


Coincidentally I thought I might have to use a knife to take it out, but I decided to go with kitchen tongs instead: DSCN4766


I didn’t have much space to work with: DSCN4765


At this point I dropped the plastic knife back into the heater while taking a photo and had to dig it out a second time.  Darn blog! DSCN4763


I screwed the heater back together: DSCN4768


And the knife was successfully extracted from the Pelonis space heater. Pelonis space heater


I plugged it back in right away and it started making popping noises.  My husband said I was supposed to wait awhile for the oil inside of it to settle, since I had it on its side.  I didn’t know there was oil in there, but okay, lesson learned.


I waited a couple hours and plugged it back in and it didn’t light anything on fire.  So I’m going to consider that a job well done.



Source : onelittleproject.com
Read more...


Related Posts

Post a Comment