Ads 720 x 90


How to get wrinkles out of a comforter

Yes, this blog is already making me worry about things I never would have worried about before –  like a wrinkly comforter – because when blogging, I need to take good photographs of the bed and it makes it really difficult when it’s all wrinkly!  So my latest challenge has been to figure out how to get wrinkles out of a comforter.


How to really get wrinkles out of a comforter or bedspread and testing all the usual methods.


This is what it looked like when I started:


IMG_7091a


Not really thinking it through, I started by ironing it.  I’m the girl who doesn’t buy anything if it needs to be ironed, and I tried ironing a comforter!  (oh how life has changed…) And you know, it was actually working really well too!  Except for two things 1) the heat kind of compacted the filling inside of the comforter a little and made the comforter thinner, (but I could live with that part if it worked), and 2) It was next to impossible to maneuver that thing on my ironing board!


How to get wrinkles out of a comforter


So I thought there HAD to be a better way of doing it.  I read that two tennis balls and a wet cloth in the dryer will help get the wrinkles out.  I didn’t have any clean tennis balls so I threw in my two “Mr. Steamy” balls filled with water with a wet tea towel and set the dryer on high for awhile.


How to get wrinkles out of a comforterHow to get wrinkles out of a comforter


I really thought that was going to work, but surprisingly there was no change.  And if anything it actually made the comforter more wrinkly!


IMG_7112a


Determined not to go back to the ironing board, I then tried using that “Steam Boss” steamer that we used to take down the wallpaper border the other day.  Unfortunately the Steam Boss isn’t available to buy anymore, but I’m assuming any steamer would do the same thing.


Steam boss box


I tested a white pillow case first to make sure the nozzle wasn’t going to stain it.  It seemed to take the wrinkles out of my pillow case nicely, even though I barely used any steam, so it was looking promising.


IMG_7169 IMG_7170


I hung the comforter over top of the shower rod and steamed it, using the nozzle to flatten the wrinkles out as I went.  This worked MUCH better than ironing or using the dryer!


IMG_7173 IMG_7181


The only problem was that I couldn’t fit the entire comforter over the shower curtain rod, so I decided to move out into the hallway and put it over the railing.


IMG_7183


Once I was done steaming it, I draped it over top of our bed because Leah’s room was being painted.  And by the time I got it back on her bed it was wrinkly again.  Whatever cotton it’s made of apparently wrinkles really easily!  So I put it back onto her bed, and steamed right on her bed and this is how it ended up looking:


how to get wrinkles out of a comforter


It’s not perfect, but I was really impressed!  It will definitely photograph well now.  And I didn’t even have to Photoshop it!  (That was going to be the next step if this didn’t work).


how to get wrinkles out of a comforter


That is one smooth looking comforter!  When I need to take pictures again I’ll be all set!



Source : onelittleproject.com
Read more...


Related Posts

Post a Comment