Ads 720 x 90


Update on Leah’s bedroom: New night tables and a new headboard

Thanks for hanging in there while I was on vacation and welcome back!  I made some great progress on Leah’s bedroom during my break and I’m super excited to share!   As usual, I’m not sure what I’d do without IKEA??


DSC_0283


I picked up a twin size Emelina Knopp duvet cover and pillow case to go with the pink polka dotted comforter we got at Christmas from Bed Bath and Beyond.


emelina-knopp-duvet-cover-and-pillowcases


Remember this headboard that I rejuvenated?  I really liked it!  I got it for $15 on Kijiji but unfortunately it wreaked of cigarette smoke.  I tried to get rid of the smoke smell, and I thought I did reasonably well, especially when the paint went on.  But this warm weather must have opened up the wood grains or something, because every time I went into her bedroom, I could smell cigarette smoke.  It wasn’t overpowering or anything, but it wasn’t worth the risk.  So even though I really liked it, I took it out and I’m going to sell it on Kjijii.


DSC_0248


Which meant I had to find a new headboard.  I was sad to see the other one go, but I absolutely LOVE the new headboard I found!  I found this new (new for us anyway) headboard on Kijiji as well, but this one definitely doesn’t smell and it is pretty much exactly what I would choose if I was going to buy a new one!  And the best part is that it was only $40 and doesn’t need to be painted!


DSC_0312


Remember those dark IKEA Hemnes night tables that were driving me nuts?  With the light blue walls and all the light furniture, the dark wood just didn’t fit.


DSC_1042


So I decided to sell those on Kijiji too, and I picked up the exact same night tables, except in white.  And look how sweet they look!  I originally planned on painting the dark night tables, but I wasn’t convinced it was going to go well.  So rather than wrecking the old ones with a shoddy paint job, I caved and just bought white ones.


DSC_0314


Before, it looked like this:


DSC_1041


And now it looks like this:


DSC_0322


I’m loving all the light furniture!  I can’t wait to finish everything up!  Clearly, we are in desperate need of some curtains.  I’ll be dealing with those soon.


DSC_0323


Here’s the wall of books I put up a few weeks ago.  Still loving how it looks and how convenient it is for storing books!   We still need better lamps, some kind of art above the bed, and art above the dresser too.


DSC_0325


See that white rocking chair in the corner?  It’s on my makeover to-do list right now.  You can’t really tell in the photos, but it’s painted stark white, and the IKEA white is more of a creamy white, so it really stands out.  I’m seeing it as an opportunity to pull in some fun colour – maybe lime green or hot pink?  What do you think?


DSCN5064


I wasn’t sure the polka dots and the IKEA duvet cover were going to match, but as soon as I put the bed together I was amazed by how well they complement one another.


DSC_0302Everything is really coming together.  I keep peaking into Leah’s room to see the progress.  I would have loved a pretty room like that when I was little.  Heck, I’d be happy with it now!  (I’ll have to show you the teal walls that I inherited in our master bedroom… now there’s a room that needs some work!)


Next on the agenda is curtains.  I think they will really help soften the room and make it feel more homey!  I’ll be sharing soon!



Source : onelittleproject.com
Read more...


Related Posts

Post a Comment