Ads 720 x 90


Garnishing 101: How to make cream swirls on soup

Don’t you love when you go to a fancy restaurant and when you get your soup it is beautifully garnished with cream?  Like the most perfect cream swirls on soup you’ve ever seen?  I’ve always wanted to be able to do that!  But every time I’ve ever tried, I get my hopes up as I drizzle the cream (or yogurt, etc) on top, and for a moment I think it’s going to work.  But nope, it always sinks right to the bottom, and all you see is a messy looking glob in the middle.  Very disappointing!


Garnishing 101: How to make cream swirls on soup


But last time I made soup, I figured it out.  All you need to do is slightly whip the cream and that will make it float!


How to swirl cream on soup


I’m sure you could use any kind of cream, but I used whipping cream.


How to swirl cream on soup


And you could use any kind of whipping mechanism (a whisk would be just fine), but I used my milk frother.


DSC_1233


You just whip it vigorously for about 20 to 30 seconds, just to get a little bit of air in it.  Then use a spoon to pour your swirl onto the soup.


How to swirl cream on soup


I’ll admit,  I whipped the cream just a little bit too long when I took the photos for this post and it was a little thicker than I meant it to be, but it totally worked!  So this happy face looking soup below is just the result of slightly over whipped cream.  If you accidentally over whip your cream, just use a toothpick to swirl it around and no one will ever know!


cream swirl on soup


Then garnish with some chives or parsley and it will totally hide any imperfect swirls you might have made.


How to swirl cream on soup


The more soup you have to make, the better, because it takes a few times to get perfect looking swirls (or maybe that’s just me?). When I did it for my work lunch, I had to drizzle cream on 20 bowls of soup.  It took about 5 bowls before I was decent at making swirls, and by 11 or so I was an expert.  So keep on trying!



Source : onelittleproject.com
Read more...


Related Posts

Post a Comment