Ads 720 x 90


Easy Strawberry Peach Pie Bites Recipe

These strawberry peach pie bites are amaaaaaazing. Like seriously, they were SO good! Like party-in-your-mouth-these-make-me-so-happy amazing. I ate three because I couldn’t help myself (although, I did kind of regret that decision. I’d recommend stopping after two next time…). My family is full of picky eaters but these things disappeared in a few minutes. Yum!


Is there anything better than fresh peaches? My mom used to buy the freshest peaches she could find, blanch them to remove the skin and we’d eat them by the bowl full. I think there might have been angelfood cake and whipping cream involved as well? (My family ate a LOT of angelfood cake when I was growing up.) But I just remember those yummy peaches!


And then I was at the store yesterday and they had these amazing, fresh local strawberries, so I snagged a pint of those to bring home for this recipe. In the back of my mind I was thinking, that’s weird, these must have been grown in a greenhouse to be ready so early? But then I remembered it’s June and they are totally ready! And then it occurred to me that it’s June and school is almost over! And I have no summer plans for the kids! If I have all three of them at home for the summer without a babysitter I’m not going to be able to work. Holy cow! Mini freakout session here. And completely unrelated to strawberry peach pie bites. Sorry. I’m done. You can continue safely now. I’ll be okay.


These strawberry peach pie bites are amaaaaazing and SO EASY. Seriously, so good! Fresh strawberries and fresh peaches and so simple to make! Yum!


Have you seen the recipe floating around on Pinterest for apple pie bites? They look amazing! But they kind of seem like a fall treat to me, so I thought to myself, “I wonder if you can make them with fresh, seasonal ingredients?” And guess what? You totally can. In fact, they tasted amaaaaaaaaaazing. I haven’t tried the apple ones myself yet, but I bet they taste just as good. Such an awesome recipe that’s so easy to make! I just love it!


Strawberry Peach Pie Bites


The full printable recipe is at the bottom of this post, but here’s what you’ll need:



  • Peaches

  • Strawberries

  • Refrigerated Crescent Roll Dough

  • Butter

  • Sugar

  • Cinnamon


You know me and baking… I’m not the best make-it-from-scratch baker. So there’s no way I was going to make my own dough here. But the refrigerated stuff was so easy and it actually tasted reeeeally good.


DSC_6036


These are so simple to make. Spread out the crescent roll dough onto parchment paper. Then sprinkle the cinnamon/sugar mixture evenly over top.


DSC_6064


Pour melted butter over the strawberries and peaches and stir until they are well coated. Then add one peach slice to the long end of each piece of dough.


DSC_6069


And then add two strawberry slices on top.


DSC_6104


Roll them up like a crescent roll. I found it worked better when I pinched the ends closed and then under a bit.


DSC_6111


I had leftover melted butter so I brushed it over each one and then sprinkled more cinnamon over top.


DSC_6139


When they came out of the oven, the sugar and butter mixture bubbled and eventually hardened into a candy like piece that you could just break away. Melted sugar and butter… Mmmmm…


DSC_6140


These were just calling out for a glaze to be drizzled over top. I just mixed milk and icing sugar for my glaze. Mmmm…


DSC_6183


They were so moist, with just the right amount of sweetness. Enough to cut any sourness that the fruit might have had, but not so much that it over powered the natural flavour of the fresh peaches and strawberries.


Mmmm… there’s a lot of Mmmmm… going on in this post. Sorry. But it’s making me hungry looking at the photos. They were so good!!

DSC_6195




Print Recipe
5 from 2 votes


Strawberry Peach Pie Bites


These strawberry peach pie bites are so easy to make and they taste AMAZING!



Servings: 8

Ingredients

  • 1 Package of Refrigerated Crescent Roll Dough
  • 1 Large Peach (or 2 Small Peaches) cut into 8 wedges
  • 4 Strawberries cut into 16 slices
  • 2 Tablespoons Butter melted
  • 2 Tablespoons Sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

For the Glaze:

  • 1/2 cup Icing Sugar
  • 1 to 2 Tablespoons Milk

Instructions

  • Preheat the oven to 375F.
  • Unroll and separate the dough pieces on a parchment lined baking sheet.
  • Mix together the sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle approximately 1/2 teaspoon (or more depending on your tastes) evenly over each piece of dough.
  • Melt the butter and stir in the fruit pieces until evenly coated.
  • Place 1 peach slice and 2 strawberry slices at the long end of each piece of dough.
  • Carefully roll it up like you would a regular crescent roll, pinching the sides closed to keep the fruit inside.
  • Brush any remaining butter on top of each one and sprinkle with cinnamon.
  • Bake at 375F for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.

For the Glaze:

  • Slowly add milk to the icing sugar, stirring as you go, until you get a smooth, slightly runny consistency.
  • Drizzle it over the warm strawberry peach pie bites.
  • Enjoy!


These strawberry peach pie bites are amaaaaazing and SO EASY. Seriously, so good! Fresh strawberries and fresh peaches and so simple to make! Yum!


These strawberry peach pie bites are so easy to make and they taste AMAZING! They taste just like strawberry peach pie, but they’re crazy simple to make. My kids aren’t big pie eaters but they absolutely devoured these. What a great recipe to make with fresh, seasonal fruits! Yum!



Source : onelittleproject.com
Read more...


Related Posts

Post a Comment