Ads 720 x 90


Tissue paper pom poms for a nursery?

Last weekend I had to take down Kate’s mobile and I felt a little guilty when she was looking up at the bare ceiling and there was nothing there for her!  Then I remembered, back when I was looking at gray nursery ideas there was a nursery with tissue paper pom poms and I couldn’t decide if I liked them or not.    pink tissue paper pom poms suspended from ceiling


I’m terrible at visualizing these kinds of things, so I did a crafty little experiment.  You can get tissue paper at the dollar store, so I decided to actually try out these guys out in Kate’s nursery to see how they would look.  No commitment.


This little experiment only cost me $1.50 for the three tissue paper pom poms.  You can check out the tutorial for how to make tissue paper pom poms here. 


pink tissue paper poofs


My positive comments about tissue paper pom poms:



  1. They add depth

  2. They add bright pops of colour

  3. They tie the colours of the room together (or at least they would if I had the rest of the colours picked out for Kate’s room!)

  4. They give something really cool for a baby to look up at from their crib when they’ve outgrown their mobile

  5. They are super girly


My negative comments about tissue paper pom poms:



  1. They are impossible to attach to stucco ceilings without screwing a hook in

  2. It’s pretty much all you see when you walk into the room

  3. They will collect dust like crazy

  4. You are limited to the colours of tissue paper available

  5. They are super girly


pink tissue paper pom poms


Without wall art picked out for around the crib these poofs kind of go BAM!  LOOK AT THOSE POM POMS!   I think these ones might be a little too big?  Or maybe they are just too low?tissue paper poofs above crib


This is the view of what Kate would see from the crib, which I think is really cool! baby's view of tissue paper pom poms


Since I didn’t want to permanently damage the stucco ceiling for this experiment, I only used masking tape to hold them up.  Or rather, hold them in place while I took the pictures, because at least one of them fell down within 20 minutes, so I had to take them all down.


After making them myself, feeling the texture and seeing how the light hits them, I’m developing a little bit of a crush on tissue paper pom poms!



Source : onelittleproject.com
Read more...


Related Posts

Post a Comment