Ads 720 x 90


That decorating uh-oh moment…

Do you ever spend hours trying to choose a piece of furniture?  You look for inspiration, you do google searches, you have the whole room laid out in your head.  And then you buy that piece of furniture, bring it home, and get it set up in the room, only to look at it and say “hmmm, that’s a LOT bigger than I was expecting!”


I had that moment today.


Jason and his dad generously built the new IKEA Hemnes dresser that we bought a few weeks back for Leah’s big girl room.  They got it into her room, and I was super excited to see how it would look, but my first reaction was “OMG, that is a huge dresser!”  And I’m not going to lie, everything that I was planning kind of fell apart a little and it made me question my decisions.  Did I make a mistake?  It’s too late to turn back at this point, but the wheels in my head are spinning and I’m thinking “hmmmmm………………”


Here’s the old dresser:


IMG_5918


And here’s the new dresser:


IMG_6575


The nearest IKEA is 1.5 hours away and it’s built anyway,  so I’m stuck with it now.  So it’s just going to have to work.   Maybe it will look smaller when I get the room cleaned up and everything where it’s supposed to go?  Maybe if I buy a really big lamp it will make the dresser look smaller… (kidding… sarcasm is hard to get across on here).


Here is the progress.  Feels a little bit like I’m stepping backwards but hopefully that’s because my desire to keep things tidy goes out the window when I’m in the middle of projects like this.


DSCN4243


This is what things looked like a couple weeks ago.  Santa brought a big girl bed since this picture was taken.


IMG_6569


This is what things looked like this morning.  Big girl bed finally in place, but crib still not taken out.  No time to make the bed because the men were ready to do heavy lifting and my picture taking was holding them up.


IMG_6581


This is what things looked like with the dresser moved in.  All you see is dresser when you walk in.  Maybe I’ll get used to it?



Source : onelittleproject.com
Read more...


Related Posts

Post a Comment