Ads 720 x 90


Simple Felt Flower Tutorial #2

I have a soft spot for felt flowers.  I might have a soft spot for felt too, actually.   I’m not entirely sure when it’s appropriate to use felt flowers, but they are so pretty, I just can’t help myself from making them!  They make adorable hair accessories for babies and toddlers, and I’ve even seen a few people decorate presents with them, instead of using a gift bow.


DSCN4848


Last time I made a simple felt flower and showed how to attach them to an elastic, a barrette and a hairband.  I haven’t decided yet what I’m going to do with this felt flower, but I think it would make an adorable barrette for Leah.


Simple Felt flower Tutorial


Cut a flower shape out of paper to use as a pattern.  If you have a flower cookie cutter that would work perfectly!  Or, just google image search “flower cookie cutter” and you can print out one of the images to work with.


DSCN4827


You’ll need to cut out five of these felt flower shapes from the pattern piece: DSCN4828


Fold one of the felt flower pieces in half: DSCN4829


Fold it in half again: DSCN4830


Take another felt flower piece (this will be the bottom) and pull a needle through it: DSCN4831


Attach the folded felt flower piece to the bottom felt flower piece: DSCN4832


Fold another felt flower piece in half twice, and then sew it to the bottom felt flower piece: DSCN4833


Do the same thing a third time: DSCN4834


And again a fourth time for the last felt flower piece:DSCN4835


Now poof it up and this is what it looks like: DSCN4836


Cut out some leaves if you like.  I didn’t have any green felt so I used fabric: DSCN4837


Fold the leaves in half: DSCN4838


And pinch them together: DSCN4839


And run the needle and thread through them: DSCN4840


Then attach them to the bottom of the felt flower: DSCN4841


And the felt flower is complete! DSCN4846


If my sewing machine wasn’t out for repairs I would have made a headband to attach this to. DSCN4856


These are pretty simple and can be made in less than 10 minutes.  I’ve also seen these felt flowers put together with a glue gun instead of sewing – but I find it more work to pull out my glue gun and keep it safely out of reach from little hands, so I much prefer to work with a needle and thread.



Source : onelittleproject.com
Read more...


Related Posts

Post a Comment