Ads 720 x 90


Paint swatch clothes pin matching game

When I see brightly coloured objects I get excited and think “I want that!”  I LOVE bright colours!  So when I saw this paint swatch clothes pin matching game for toddlers and preschoolers here, here and here it immediately went on the list of things I wanted to make!


Paint swatch colour matching game | imeasyrecipes.blogspot.com


What you do is get 16 different test paint pots and paint each clothes pin… haha, just kidding!  But that’s what I first thought when I saw them!  Then I realized that you just cut out the paint swatch and glue it onto the clothes pins, and that seemed much more doable!


DSC_6998


Paint swatch, clothes pin matching game tutorial


Get yourself a rainbow assortment of paint swatches.  I used Behr’s and they were large enough that I only needed one swatch each:


DSC_6936


You’ll need some white glue and some clothes pins for each paint swatch:DSC_6941


Cut the paint swatch so you have a manageable size to clip the pins onto, saving the side pieces to cover the clothes pins: DSC_6942


Cut out two pieces of each paint swatch colour the same width as the clothes pins:DSC_6946


Add some white glue to the back of the swatches:DSC_6949


Press the paint swatch piece onto both sides of the clothes pin:


DSC_6951


You’ll end up with four (or however many colours are on your paint swatch) pins that match to the four colours on your paint swatch:


DSC_6953


DSC_6956


I’m not going to lie, this is a hard matching game!  I tried to pick paint swatches where the colours where glaringly different, but it turns out that it’s surprisingly difficult to match some of the similar shades on each swatch!  My colour blind husband thought this was a torture test for him.  lolDSC_6982


I think it’s a great toddler or preschooler activity.  Heck, with the paint chips I chose, I think even a 6 year old would find it challenging!


DSC_6985


Unfortunately Leah wasn’t feeling the greatest today and she just wasn’t interested in playing this game.  So I don’t have a good reading of how she’ll like it when she’s back to her normal self.DSC_6968


But it has the opportunity to practice hand eye coordination, teach about matching, colours and that each colour can have different shades, so I still give it a thumbs up as a toddler and preschooler activity, even if your toddler only wants to play with the clothes pins!DSC_6977


 



Source : onelittleproject.com
Read more...


Related Posts

Post a Comment