Ads 720 x 90


Edible Playdough

How to make edible play dough with peanut butter.  I remember doing this when I was a kid!


So I know being 6 years old was a very, very, very long time ago for me, but I still remember getting the recipe for this edible playdough and LOVING it when my mom would make it!  So I thought it would be so fun to try it out with Leah and see what she thought!  Plus, it gave us a great activity to do together.


IMG_6240


This was my first time making this, since as a 6 year old my mom was the one in charge, but it’s pretty darn simple!


Edible Playdough Tutorial


How to make edible play dough with peanut butter.  I remember doing this when I was a kid!


Here is the recipe for edible playdough:



  • 1 cup icing sugar

  • 1/2 cup peanut butter

  • 1/4 cup corn syrup


Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.   Tip – add a few drops of oil to your measuring cup and wipe it around with a paper towel to help the peanut butter and corn syrup slide out.


IMG_6243


I tried stirring first, but that didn’t work very well.


IMG_6244


So I switched to using my hands and had to kneed it a little bit.


IMG_6245


I pulled off a chunk for Leah to play with and it didn’t even last long enough for me to get a photo before she started eating it!


IMG_6247


IMG_6259


I did manage to get her to play with it a little bit. But mostly she just wanted to eat it.  Which was fine by me.  Perhaps not the healthiest snack, but she and I both thought it tasted really good.   Exactly how I remember it!  (Except, my memory was of it being healthier than it really is… ha!)


IMG_6263


IMG_6266


And then we sealed up the leftover edible playdough in a zip lock bag for tomorrow.  This was a fun trip down memory lane!



Source : onelittleproject.com
Read more...


Related Posts

Post a Comment