Ads 720 x 90


The BEST Monkey Butter Recipe

This monkey butter is soooooo good. Seriously. I was shocked. You watch the ingredients go in the pan, and then you watch them cook. And if you’re anything like me, you’ll probably be thinking, “meh, it’s just pineapple and banana, so what?” But just as the banana melts down and the sugar starts to bubble, you’ll find it hard not to sneak a taste. As soon as my mixure was done simmering, I couldn’t resist any longer, and I tried a steaming little spoonful. And then I smiled.


It was so good that it actually made me smile. That’s pretty rare! It was sweet and tangy, with this awesome buttery texture. How have I never tried this before?!


It reminds me of a banana split. And let me just say it would taste AMAZING on ice cream. AMAZING. You know those delicious little pineapple bits that you get in a banana split? It’s always my favourite part of eating a banana split to taste the combination of banana, ice cream and pineapple, all together in one delicious mouthful.  Yum! (Guess what I’ll be having for dessert tonight, maybe with a little chocolate syrup drizzled over top?! Mmmm…)


This monkey butter is SO GOOD!! I was eating it by the spoonful. It tastes amazing on ice cream, or you can serve it with pancakes, waffles or even spread it on toast or english muffins. Yum!


Try to use bananas that are perfectly ripe. I was kind of stressing about finding “perfectly ripe” bananas. When I went to the grocery store I panicked a bit that all the bananas on the shelf this week were either extremely green, or completely covered in brown spots. Go figure!


I’m apparently the crazy person who visits two grocery stores to try to find perfect bananas and ends up buying about two dozen bananas. (Which may sound excessive, but our little family of five goes through a shocking number of bananas in a week…). And then with two dozen bananas sitting on the counter, every time my husband would reach for one, I’d yell, “ONLY EAT THE UGLY ONES!!” Yup. I might be losing it.


The BEST Monkey Butter Recipe | Banana Jam


As far as recipes go, this one is really easy. Only 5 ingredients. The full printable recipe is at the end of this post, but here’s what you’ll need:



  • Bananas

  • Crushed Pineapple

  • Ground Coconut

  • White Sugar

  • Bottled Lemon Juice


So these are the best bananas I could find! (I may or may not have edited out a few brown spots… 😉 ) If you can’t find perfect bananas either, don’t worry about it. These ever-so-slightly under ripe bananas worked perfectly and I’m sure that bananas with a couple of spots would work as well.


I just don’t recommend using over ripe bananas, or it will end up tasting crazy sweet.


This monkey butter is SO GOOD!! I was eating it by the spoonful. It tastes amazing on ice cream, or you can serve it with pancakes, waffles or even spread it on toast or english muffins. Yum!


I used “macaroom” coconut from the bulk store. It’s just ground coconut flakes (unsweetened). If you have any troubles finding it, throw a couple of tablespoons of regular coconut flakes into a small food processor and pulse until it turns into small bits.


This monkey butter is SO GOOD!! I was eating it by the spoonful. It tastes amazing on ice cream, or you can serve it with pancakes, waffles or even spread it on toast or english muffins. Yum!


Put all the ingredients into a large nonstick pan.


This monkey butter is SO GOOD!! I was eating it by the spoonful. It tastes amazing on ice cream, or you can serve it with pancakes, waffles or even spread it on toast or english muffins. Yum!


Bring the mixture to a boil on high heat, stirring frequently.


This monkey butter is SO GOOD!! I was eating it by the spoonful. It tastes amazing on ice cream, or you can serve it with pancakes, waffles or even spread it on toast or english muffins. Yum!


Then reduce the heat to low and simmer it until the banana has completely dissolved and the mixture thickens up. It took about 15 to 20 minutes.


This monkey butter is SO GOOD!! I was eating it by the spoonful. It tastes amazing on ice cream, or you can serve it with pancakes, waffles or even spread it on toast or english muffins. Yum!


It ends up having a texture similar to apple sauce. Maybe just a little bit thicker than apple sauce.


This monkey butter is SO GOOD!! I was eating it by the spoonful. It tastes amazing on ice cream, or you can serve it with pancakes, waffles or even spread it on toast or english muffins. Yum!


As I said, it would go PERFECTLY with ice cream. Or you could spread it on toast, or serve it on pancakes or waffles. I bet it would taste amazing if you added a bit right to the pancake batter too.


This monkey butter is SO GOOD!! I was eating it by the spoonful. It tastes amazing on ice cream, or you can serve it with pancakes, waffles or even spread it on toast or english muffins. Yum!


The lemon juice keeps the bananas from going brown, so it will last in the refrigerator for about 4 to 6 weeks.


This monkey butter is SO GOOD!! I was eating it by the spoonful. It tastes amazing on ice cream, or you can serve it with pancakes, waffles or even spread it on toast or english muffins. Yum!




Print Recipe
5 from 1 vote


The BEST Monkey Butter Recipe


This five ingredient monkey butter is so easy to make and tastes sooooooooo good.



Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins

Servings: 3 cups

Ingredients

  • 4 perfectly ripe bananas no spots
  • 14 oz can of crushed pineapple with the juice
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 3 Tablespoons unsweetened ground coconut I used "macaroon" coconut
  • 3 Tablespoons lemon juice from a bottle

Instructions

  • Chop the banana into thin slices.
  • Combine all of the ingredients in a large nonstick pan.
  • Bring to a rolling boil, stirring often.
  • Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the banana has dissolved and the mixture has thickened slightly (about 15 to 20 minutes), stirring frequently.
  • Serve warm over ice cream or on toast, pancakes or waffles.
  • Can be stored in the fridge for 4 to 6 weeks.


This monkey butter is SO GOOD!! I was eating it by the spoonful. It tastes amazing on ice cream, or you can serve it with pancakes, waffles or even spread it on toast or english muffins. Yum!


This five ingredient monkey butter is so easy to make and tastes sooooooooo good. I was eating it by the spoonful. It tastes amazing on ice cream, or you can serve it with pancakes, waffles or even spread it on toast or english muffins. Yum!


If you’re looking for more delicious banana recipes, check out our pan fried cinnamon bananas. These end up with an ever so slightly caramelized coating. So good!




Source : onelittleproject.com
Read more...


Related Posts

Post a Comment