Ads 720 x 90


Summer wedding ideas for an outdoor ceremony

Outdoor weddings are so gorgeous!  My brother got married on the weekend, and the summer wedding ideas that his bride came up with were just beautiful!  Since I was a bridesmaid, it was hard to capture all the little details, but I did manage to sneak out before the ceremony to snap a few photos of how everything was set up.DSC_0085


I thought my wedding was beautiful, but this wedding was a serious rival.  Imagine yourself as a bride walking down this cascading flagstone staircase:


DSC_0097


And then continuing down a white carpeted aisle scattered with rose petals:


DSC_0095


My favourite part of the altar was the crystal chandelier.  Just gorgeous!


DSC_0104


Before the ceremony, the guests mingled on the upper patio with cocktails:


DSC_0145


Before heading down to the site of the ceremony.  I LOVE how lush the garden was looking with a glimpse of the chairs just peaking through:


DSC_0135


Here’s a view of how it looked from the top of the stairs. There were benches for the parents to sit on near the front, and then the table where they sign the register was off to the left:


DSC_0130


The details were gorgeous.  Here’s a photo of orchids (I think?) just floating in a giant vase of water:


DSC_0127


It was roasting outside.  Seriously, the hottest day we’ve had all summer.  So I absolutely love this next touch.  The bride arranged to have paper parasols for the guests to carry around to shield them from the sun:   DSC_0143


So as the guests were walking around the garden before the wedding, it looked like this.  Doesn’t it look romantic, almost like it’s from another time??


DSC_0184


The flowers were white hydrangeas, white and pink roses, and pink peonies.  Very light and elegant.


DSC_0109


It was a hot day, but luckily the ceremony was at 4pm, so at least the heat was starting to subside a little bit.  It was an absolutely gorgeous wedding, and I can’t wait to see the professional photos!


IMG_8719-1Okay, no real purpose for that photo, except that I really like it.  That’s me, my brother and Leah as the flower girl, going for a ride in an old Jaguar.  Leah was pretty excited to ride in the back, and judging by the look on my face, so was I!



Source : onelittleproject.com
Read more...


Related Posts

Post a Comment