Ads 720 x 90


Strawberry spinach salad, a quick and easy summer salad recipe

I have to admit, I’m pretty lazy when it comes to salads.   All that chopping drives me nuts!  So when I can make a salad that only requires 3 ingredients, AND minimal chopping of those ingredients I’m totally sold!


Strawberry spinach salad, a quick and easy summer salad recipe


This strawberry spinach salad was kind of a pull-it-out-of-the-fridge-and-throw-it-on-a-plate kind of salad.  There are only 3 ingredients 1) spinach, 2) strawberries, and 3) pumpkin seeds. So the only thing that needed to be washed and sliced were the strawberries.


Strawberry spinach salad, a quick and easy summer salad recipe


Strawberry spinach salad recipe:



  • 2 cups pre-washed baby spinach leaves

  • 4 giant sliced strawberries (or 6 to 8 regular sized strawberries)

  • 2 Tbsp of pumpkin seeds


Combine ingredients and toss with your favourite balsamic dressing.


sliced strawberries


Strawberry Spinach Salad Dressing


You can use any balsamic dressing you like, but here’s the recipe for mine:



  • 2 Tbsp of olive oil

  • 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar

  • 1/2 tsp of dried basil

  • drizzle of honey (about 1/4 – 1/2 tsp)


Strawberry Spinach Salad Dressing


I didn’t exactly measure the honey.  I dipped my fork into the jar of honey, and whatever was on it, went into the dressing.


drizzle of honey


When it was all mixed together, it looked like this:


balsamic vinaigrette dressing


It makes a ridiculously easy salad that you can throw together in just a few minutes!  I’m not a huge fan of spinach, but I found with the sweetness of the strawberries, even the spinach was delicious!


Strawberry spinach salad


The only thing that would have made this spinach strawberry salad better would have been goat cheese.  Mmmmm… I bet that would have been delicious if I had it in my fridge!



Source : onelittleproject.com
Read more...


Related Posts

Post a Comment