Ads 720 x 90


Pomegranate Cider, a Delicious Alternative to Wassail

I LOVE wassail at Christmas time.  We make it with a bottle of red wine and some cider and it is amazing.  The problem is that now that I have kids, I am not all that into drinking wine.  My little alarm clocks go off without fail every morning at 6:15am so it really takes the fun out of having fun the night before!  So every Christmas, I make a non-alcoholic hot cider recipe to go along with the alcoholic version, to… well… keep the headaches at a minimum and survive life as a mom.


My non-alcoholic recipe is okay, but I discovered this delicious looking recipe for pomegranate cider from Living Better Together that I just have to try this year!  I definitely recommend checking it out, and if you don’t know what wassail is, it’s just a hot mulled cider (Yes, I make it every year and I still had to look it up).  Historically it was just apple cider and sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg, but apparently modern recipes start with a base of wine.   Either way, it’s delicious!


Pomegranate CiderPin this for your next festive get together, but be sure to pin from the original source.



Source : onelittleproject.com
Read more...


Related Posts

Post a Comment