Ads 720 x 90


Peach Ice Cream Recipe – Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker

Let me start by saying that while I did make this excellent peach ice cream recipe these are not the photos of the ice cream I made. For some reason the Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker has trouble bringing ice cream to an “ice cream” consistency, and produces something closer to ice cream that has been sitting on the counter for 45 minutes. I did post one actual photo below so you can see what I mean.


Since there is nothing wrong with this recipe, just the ice cream maker, we are going to imagine that this is what the ice cream would look like if my ice cream maker actually worked, because it is much more appetizing:


Peach Ice Cream Recipe


Peach Ice Cream Recipe



  • 4 cups frozen peaches (pureed down to about 2 cups)

  • 3 eggs, beaten

  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar

  • 2 cups heavy cream

  • 1 cup half-and-half cream

  • 1 teaspoons vanilla extract

  • 1/2 teaspoon salt


Slightly defrost the peaches and puree them. If you want some chunks, don’t puree completely. In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and the sugar and mix in the peach puree. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix together. Pour into your ice cream maker and make according to the ice cream maker’s directions.


Peaches in the blender


The Blendtec was having trouble mixing it, so I added the egg and sugar mixture right to the blender:


Adding the egg and the sugar


Then transferred it back to a big bowl to mix in the cream:


Ice cream mixture


I still wanted some chunks left in the mixture so I didn’t blend it completely. You can see the consistency left in the bowl after I poured it into our ice cream maker.


Pouring it into the ice cream maker


It really was delicious, don’t get me wrong. But the one thing I failed to consider beforehand is that my Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker doesn’t seem to get cold enough to make much more than a milk shake.


Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker


So while I had hoped it would look like this:


Peach Ice Cream Recipe


It actually ended up looking like this:


Peach Ice Cream Recipe - Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker


Still delicious, but unfortunately not exactly the right consistency. Very frustrating when things don’t work out properly! So we are going to ignore that photo, and pretend that it actually looked like this:


Peach Ice Cream Recipe


Seriously, if anyone knows how to make a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker make ice cream with the proper consistency, I would love any suggestions you might have!!


Peach Ice Cream Recipe


So yes, I am cheating with these photos, wishing my ice cream actually looked like this, but sadly it was more like a Frosty from Wendy’s. Delicious, just not the right consistency.  Maybe next time!



Source : onelittleproject.com
Read more...


Related Posts

Post a Comment