Ads 720 x 90


Ikea Klade knob rack with 3 knobs, a review

If there was ever a project that follows the name of this website – One Little Project at a time – this would be it.  Today, I finally put together the Ikea Klade knob rack with 3 knobs and hung it up in Leah’s room.


Ikea Klade


Ikea Klade Knob Rack:


I have been working on Leah’s bedroom for months.  And by working on it, I mean we painted it, and haven’t really done anything since.  This is a tiny little project, but somehow, it really helps make her bedroom feel more comfortable.  She was super excited about it!


Ikea Klade in package


I wasn’t really sure about this shelf when I bought it from Ikea, but for $6.99 I figured I couldn’t go wrong.  And it turns out, that it is actually really cute!


Ikea Klade materials


I didn’t realize when we bought it that the little owls that come with it actually get screwed to the shelf, so they become permanent.  I thought it was kind of a silly design if they were just meant to stay loose!


Ikea Klade owls


Only 3 screws required to put the shelf together.  That is my kind of furniture assembly!


DSC_0019


It went together easily and felt strong and sturdy, despite only costing $7.


DSC_0020


I wish all things that hang on the wall came with a template for marking the holes!  It is so easy to just tape it to the wall and level it!


Ikea Klade template


And then all you have to do is screw right through the paper and your holes will be perfectly spaced!


DSC_0026


I used drywall plugs, just to be on the safe side.  And then the shelf just hung on the screws, kind of like a mirror would.


DSC_0031


We hung it at a child friendly level, so that Leah can still reach the hooks when she stands on her tip toes.  She can’t quite reach the shelf, but if she uses a stool, it will be no problem.


Ikea Klade Knob rack with 3 knobs


She was super excited to hang her pajamas on the hooks.  And even though she doesn’t quite get it yet, someday she’ll be excited to put special things on the shelf too.


Review for Ikea Klade Knob rack with 3 knobs


And the best part is, it’s narrow enough that the door can still completely open without bumping into the shelf.  Perfect spot for hiding her pajamas!


Ikea Klade behind the door


I really didn’t expect to love this Ikea Klade shelf, but I’m really happy with it!  It is such a cute finishing touch for a child’s room!  Or in my case, it’s more like the starting point, since I still have so much left to do!



Source : onelittleproject.com
Read more...


Related Posts

Post a Comment