Ads 720 x 90


How to attach felt flowers to an elastic, a barrette or a hair band

Yesterday I showed you how to make felt flowers in my Simple Felt Flower Tutorial.  As promised, I experimented with how to attach them, and here is what I came up with!


I love felt flowers!  This shows how to attach them to elastics, barrettes, and hair bands.  Save this for later!


How to attach felt flowers to an elastic


I was checking out the flower elastics when I was at the Bonnie Togs store last week, and this is kind of along the same lines as the flower elastics that they sell.  Except I didn’t have to pay $5.95 for it!


What you’ll need:



  •  a felt flower from yesterday’s tutorial, a pair of scissors, a piece of felt, a glue gun, an elastic, and a needle and thread.


IMG_5837


Step 1:  Sew the elastic to the felt flower.


IMG_5859


Step 2:  Cut a piece of felt roughly the same size as the back of the felt flower.


IMG_5860


Step 3:  Add glue to the back of the felt flower.


IMG_5862


Step 4:  Press the felt over top of  the glue and elastic.


IMG_5863


How to attach felt flowers to a barrette


Okay… this one is pretty easy.  You’ve gotta love a glue gun!


What you’ll need:



  • a felt flower from yesterday’s tutorial, a glue gun, and a barrette (all I had that would work is this plastic bunny barrette… I LOVE these plastic barrettes because I remember wearing them when I was little, so it made me a little bit sad covering it up.  But I have about 50 of them because I got nostalgic when I found out that they still sell them!)


IMG_5858


Step 1:  Cover the top of the barrette with glue.


IMG_5864


Step 2:  Press the barrette to the back of the felt flower.


IMG_5865


How to attach felt flowers to a hair band


I picked these hairbands up at Walmart for $4 for 5.   Leah’s head is still a little bit too small for a hair band so it kind of fits more like a tiara, which is super cute!


What you’ll need:



  •  a felt flower from yesterday’s tutorial, a pair of scissors, a piece of felt, a glue gun, a hair band, and optionally, a needle and thread (I was going to sew the felt flower around the hair band to secure it, but I decided the glue was holding up well enough, so I didn’t end up using it).


IMG_5825


Step 1:  Cut a piece of felt roughly the same size as the back of the felt flower.


IMG_5828


Step 2:  Add a glob of glue on the hair band where you plan to attach the felt flower.


IMG_5866


Step 3:  Press the felt flower onto the glue.


IMG_5867


Step 4:  Add more glue over top of the felt flower and hair band.


IMG_5868


Step 5: Press the piece of felt over top of the hair band.


IMG_5871


All in all, I’m pretty satisfied with the results!  I can’t wait for Leah to wake up tomorrow so I can try them on her.  I knew there was a way to make these felt flowers useful!


IMG_5874


IMG_5877a



Source : onelittleproject.com
Read more...


Related Posts

Post a Comment