Ads 720 x 90


Easiest way to clean burnt pots

We’ve all been there.  We get a little bit distracted while making dinner, and before you know it, oops!  The pot is completely burnt!  And it is the most awful stuff to try to scrub off!DSCN4912


This is the result of some rice that clearly didn’t turn out!  (For future reference, trying to flavour your rice with tomato soup does NOT work…)


So that dinner we had bread instead of rice, which is so frustrating!  I scraped out the burnt rice and soaked the pot overnight.


Remember last week when I cleaned my kitchen hood?  That was a LOT of scrubbing, and I just didn’t feel like scrubbing that pot!  I was looking for a solution that was scrub free!  And this worked amazingly well!  It really is the easiest way to clean burnt pots!


I heard about a method of cleaning your old cookie sheets with peroxide and baking soda (which I’m also going to do at some point), and I thought, why not? DSCN4915


So I poured in a generous amount of hydrogen peroxide and sprinkled on a nice pile of baking soda.  Then I swirled it around to get it to mix. DSCN4923


Then I did absolutely nothing and just left it alone. DSCN4929


The hydrogen peroxide and baking soda just lifted up the burnt residue! DSCN4931


I let is sit for 6 hours and the burnt residue just dissolved off the pot!  I used my kitchen scrub brush to wipe it away. DSCN4976


Some of the really caked on burnt stuff took a teeny tiny bit of scrubbing with a sponge, but it came off really easily.  And when it was all done, the pot looked brand new! DSCN4978


So let’s see that again: Easiest way to clean a burnt pot - scrub free!


This is one of those times that made me go, wow!  Soaking the pot with stubborn burnt residue for 6 hours with hydrogen peroxide and baking soda just lifted the burnt stuff away!  Amazing!



Source : onelittleproject.com
Read more...


Related Posts

Post a Comment