Ads 720 x 90


Curtains: Premier Prints Amsterdam Corn Yellow

Is it just me or are there too many fabric choices out there?  There are thousands of options that online fabric shopping has brought about and I have found it unbelievably difficult to choose one!  But I finally took the plunge today and ordered fabric online for curtains!


When you order fabric online you are really going in blind, (unless you have the patience to wait for them to ship you a $2 sample).  You can’t feel the quality or the weight, and you can’t see the colour.  I would love to be able to buy fabric locally, but sadly my little Fabricland store is not only really expensive, but it also seems to stock an awful lot of old lady fabric.


So whose room will these curtains be for?  Well, I’m not 100% certain yet, but I think they will be for Kate’s nursery:


Premier Prints Twill Amsterdam Corn YellowPremier Prints Twill Amsterdam Corn Yellow


I bought 6 yards of Premier Prints Amsterdam Corn Yellow from Fabric.com as well as another 6 yards of blackout drapery lining.  I found an online coupon for 15% off from Retail Me Not which brought the total to approximately $100 after taxes and shipping.  Unfortunately since I live in Canada, I didn’t qualify for the free shipping.  You can check out my fabric.com review for Canada here.


That really isn’t much more than I would have spent at IKEA on curtains.  And it’s pretty great for custom blackout curtains in an awesome colour and pattern!  (In case anyone is wondering I also bought Roc-Lon Blackout Drapery Lining Ivory).


You’ve gotta love the internet.  Want to see examples of curtains made with Premier Prints Amsterdam in yellow?  I sure wanted to see examples of it!  And here’s what I found:


The-Handmade-Home-Big-Girl-RoomFrom The Handmade Home – Big girl bedroom reveal


I absolutely love the room above!  Click on the photo to visit the site and see more photos of the bedroom.  It’s super cute!  I love how much life the white and yellow curtains bring to the room!  And the wall colour looks similar to the colour in Kate’s bedroom, so it gives me faith that this will work out.  The only problem is that they didn’t actually say which Premier Prints fabric it is, so I’m just guessing.  But after staring at different example photos and staring at the photos on Fabric.com for what was probably hours today, I’m nearly certain it’s the same print.Restored-Style-Dining-Room-Curtains


From Restored Style – Dining Room Curtains


I love the pattern of this fabric!  The curtains in the photo above are made from a fabric that has  more of a linen look than the first photo, but it’s the same pattern.  Which is great for a formal dining room, but I went for the bold bright colour of the first picture (I hope) for Kate’s nursery.


Now BORING… here is the window in Kate’s nursery that these curtains need to go onto:


IMG_7726


It sure looks bare right now compared to the bright curtains in the photos above!  I can’t wait to get the fabric and try it out!   [edit: you can check out a sneak peak of the curtains here.]


I really hope I bought the right fabric and linings.  And I sure hope fully lined blackout curtains aren’t hard to make… lol



Source : onelittleproject.com
Read more...


Related Posts

Post a Comment