Ads 720 x 90


Cinnamon Roll Pancakes Recipe

Hello again! It’s Alicia from The Baker Upstairs, and I have another delicious breakfast recipe to share with you today! These cinnamon roll pancakes are so fun to make, and perfect for a special breakfast. They’re made with a simple pancake batter, topped with a sweet cinnamon swirl, and drizzled with a decadent cream cheese glaze. These are definitely going to be your new favorite pancakes!


I must confess, there were some moments in the making of these pancakes that were a little less than perfect. I think I made every mistake possible while making them, so I’m sharing my secrets with all of you so you don’t have to go through all the frustration that I did! My younger daughter turned six last week, and I got up early on her birthday, all set to make pancakes. My husband had bought a new griddle for me a few weeks ago, and I figured it would be the perfect way to try it out. I cranked the griddle up, mixed up my pancake batter, and drizzled the cinnamon swirl, and then… catastrophe!


The pancakes started burning and smoking, and the cinnamon mixture splattered all of the griddle and splashed hot molten brown sugar onto my hands, leaving behind some pretty gnarly burns. My pancakes burned to the griddle, and I tried to scrape them off and left a black, sticky, gross mess behind. I threw my spatula across the kitchen (yes, I’m very mature) and sat down to cry over my failure of a birthday breakfast.


A few minutes later, I regained my composure and decided it was time to act like a grown up, and mixed up a new batch. This time, I kept the griddle low so the pancakes wouldn’t cook so fast. I also put my brown sugar cinnamon mixture into a squeeze bottle so I could shake it up before drizzling and it would come out in a consistent stream instead of splattering everywhere. And guess what? They turned out perfect! Birthday crisis averted. My newly minted six year old was completely thrilled with her cinnamon roll pancakes, and said they were the very best she’s ever had. Score one for Mom!


These cinnamon roll pancakes taste just like a cinnamon roll, and are topped with a to-die-for cream cheese glaze. So delicious and easy to make too!


I was inspired by these cinnamon roll pancakes, but changed the ingredients just a little to suit my tastes. I love how simple and easy these pancakes are to make, once you figure out the tricks of the trade!


Cinnamon Roll Pancakes


The full recipe is at the bottom of this post, but here’s what you’ll need:



  • brown sugar

  • cinnamon

  • butter

  • cream cheese

  • powdered sugar

  • flour

  • baking powder

  • salt

  • egg

  • milk

  • vanilla

  • oil


These cinnamon roll pancakes taste just like a cinnamon roll, and are topped with a to-die-for cream cheese glaze. So delicious and easy to make too!


You’ll start by mixing together your cinnamon swirl mixture, and your cream cheese glaze. You’ll want those to be ready to go when you start cooking the pancakes. The cinnamon mixture definitely wants to separate, so I found it helpful to put it in a squeeze bottle for swirling. If you don’t have a squeeze bottle, you could use a piping bag instead, and just shake it or knead it when you’re ready to use it.


These cinnamon roll pancakes taste just like a cinnamon roll, and are topped with a to-die-for cream cheese glaze. So delicious and easy to make too!


The pancake batter is straightforward and easy to mix up. I like to let it sit for a few minutes so it can thicken just slightly before I start scooping it.


These cinnamon roll pancakes taste just like a cinnamon roll, and are topped with a to-die-for cream cheese glaze. So delicious and easy to make too!


I found I had a lot more success when I let the pancake batter cook until it was almost done before adding the cinnamon swirl. Wait until they’re getting some bubbles around the edges, then drizzle it on quick! To me, drizzling the pancakes was definitely the most challenging part. Just remember to shake your cinnamon sugar mixture to mix it well. My squeeze bottle went a little crazy, so I didn’t have a perfectly smooth swirl, but when the pancakes were cooked, it looked pretty perfect anyway!


These cinnamon roll pancakes taste just like a cinnamon roll, and are topped with a to-die-for cream cheese glaze. So delicious and easy to make too!


The cinnamon sugar mixture adds just a little crunch to the texture of the pancakes, and adds a lot of awesome cinnamon flavor too. I also think it creates such a fun effect with the swirl!


These cinnamon roll pancakes taste just like a cinnamon roll, and are topped with a to-die-for cream cheese glaze. So delicious and easy to make too!


When the pancakes are finished, remove them from the griddle and drizzle on your amazing cream cheese glaze. The glaze is sweet and decadent and really takes these pancakes over the top. Yum!


These cinnamon roll pancakes taste just like a cinnamon roll, and are topped with a to-die-for cream cheese glaze. So delicious and easy to make too!


These cinnamon roll pancakes are definitely the way to anyone’s heart. Just be prepared to make them again and again, since everyone will fall in love with them!


These cinnamon roll pancakes taste just like a cinnamon roll, and are topped with a to-die-for cream cheese glaze. So delicious and easy to make too!


The recipe is a little small, so if you’re making them for a crowd, I would definitely recommend doubling it. I got about twelve pancakes from the batch, which was the perfect amount for my little family of two adults and two kids.


These cinnamon roll pancakes taste just like a cinnamon roll, and are topped with a to-die-for cream cheese glaze. So delicious and easy to make too!



Cinnamon Roll Pancakes Recipe


These cinnamon roll pancakes taste just like a cinnamon roll, and are topped with a to-die-for cream cheese glaze. They're so delicious and easy to make too!



Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time35 mins

Servings: 12 pancakes

Ingredients

for the cinnamon swirl:

  • 4 tablespoons butter melted
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon

for the cream cheese glaze:

  • 4 tablespoons butter melted and cooled
  • 2 ounces cream cheese softened
  • 3/4 cup powdered sugar

for the pancakes:

  • 1 cup flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 tablespoon oil

Instructions

  • In a small bowl, whisk together the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon, until combined. Pour into a small squeeze bottle or piping bag and set aside.
  • To make the cream cheese glaze, whisk together the butter and cream cheese until combined. Add the powdered sugar and whisk to form a glaze. Add milk if needed to thin to drizzling consistency.
  • Preheat a griddle over medium-low heat. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the milk, egg, oil, or vanilla. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
  • Scoop the pancake batter by 1/4 cup scoops onto the prepared griddle. Let cook until starting to bubble. Shake the brown sugar mixture well, then pipe in a swirl pattern on top of the pancakes. Flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
  • Drizzle the pancakes with the cream cheese glaze and serve hot.


These cinnamon roll pancakes taste just like a cinnamon roll, and are topped with a to-die-for cream cheese glaze. They’re so delicious and easy to make too!


These cinnamon roll pancakes taste just like a cinnamon roll, and are topped with a to-die-for cream cheese glaze. So delicious and easy to make too!



Source : onelittleproject.com
Read more...


Related Posts

Post a Comment