Ads 720 x 90


Baked Blueberry Pancake Mini Muffins

Hello again! It’s Alicia from The Baker Upstairs, and I have a totally delicious breakfast recipe to share with you today. These blueberry pancake mini muffins are such a fun twist on traditional pancakes! They bake in the oven, so they’re all ready at the same time, and nobody has to eat cold pancakes. Add a side of maple syrup for dipping, and you have a delicious breakfast that the whole family will love!


I haven’t always been a big fan of breakfast foods. Ever since I was a little girl, I’ve always eaten leftovers from dinner the night before for breakfast. Even when my family was eating waffles or pancakes, I would be pulling last night’s beef stew or pizza out of the fridge and warming it up for my breakfast. It’s totally weird, I know! My husband is a huge lover of breakfast foods, and so my breakfast habits drive him crazy. He loves to have a big traditional breakfast on the weekends, when he’s not working, and my style of breakfast just doesn’t do it for him.


Over time, I’ve learned to appreciate his favorite breakfast foods, like pancakes, scrambled eggs, and hash browns. My kids both love breakfast foods as much as he does, so they are always requesting something sweet and syrupy for breakfast. I still tend to just forage from the fridge when I’m making breakfast for myself, but I can enjoy a big breakfast with the family when we’re all together. It’s always fun to come up with new and fun ideas for breakfast, and these blueberry pancake mini muffins are just that!



I got the idea for these muffins from It Bakes Me Happy, but decided to change up the recipe a little so I could add in some sweet and juicy blueberries from the farmers market. They’re light and tender, loaded with blueberries, and so easy to make!


Blueberry Pancake Mini Muffins


The full recipe is at the bottom of this post, but here’s what you’ll need:



  • flour

  • sugar

  • salt

  • baking powder

  • blueberries (fresh or frozen)

  • eggs

  • milk

  • vinegar

  • oil



The batter is simple and quick to mix together. I like to toss the blueberries with the flour mixture before adding the liquids, because it helps to keep them suspended in the batter as the muffins cook. Either fresh or frozen berries will work, but if you are using frozen berries, don’t thaw them before baking. Be careful not to over mix the batter, because it can make the muffins dense instead of light and tender.



Next, you’ll fill up your mini muffin tin. You’ll want to fill the muffin cups all the way to the top, instead of 2/3 or 3/4 full, as you would in a typical muffin recipe. Make sure to get some of those tasty blueberries into each well of the muffin tin!



Bake the muffins until the tops spring back when touched lightly, and the edges are light golden brown. Let them cool in the muffin tin for 5-10 minutes, then move them to a cooling rack. They’re definitely best when served warm!



You can serve the muffins with maple syrup on the side for dipping, or just pour maple syrup over the top of the muffins. My kids absolutely loved dipping their muffins, although I drew the line at them just drinking the syrup out of their little bowls. 🙂 The muffins have just a touch of sugar, so they’re not overly sweet, which makes me feel okay about serving them with a little extra sugar on the side.



These delicious muffins taste just like blueberry pancakes, but I love that I don’t have to stand in front of the hot griddle flipping pancakes for everyone, while my own breakfast gets cold! They’re so quick to make, and I love that they all bake at the same time, so everyone can sit down and eat together. These muffins would also be easy to customize with whatever flavors you like! Instead of blueberries, you could easily mix in any other chopped fruit, or even chocolate chips. The sky”s the limit!





Print Recipe
5 from 1 vote


Blueberry Pancake Mini Muffins


These blueberry pancake mini muffins are a fun twist on a breakfast favorite.



Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time13 mins
Total Time31 mins

Servings: 24 mini muffins

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons oil

Instructions

  • Preheat the oven to 350. Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
  • In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the blueberries and toss to coat them with the flour.
  • In a small bowl, whisk together the milk and vinegar. Let sit five minutes.
  • Add the eggs and oil to the milk mixture, and whisk to combine. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Scoop into the prepared muffin tin, filling nearly to the top.
  • Bake 13-15 minutes, or until the tops spring back when touched lightly and the edges are golden brown. Serve warm with maple syrup for dipping.


These blueberry pancake mini muffins are a fun twist on a breakfast favorite. They’re quick and easy to make, and sure to be a favorite with the kids!




Source : onelittleproject.com
Read more...


Related Posts

Post a Comment